Natural Essential Oils and Skin CareWhile essential oils offer soothing and uplifting scents for the home, numerous skin care products also utilize these oils for their beneficial properties. From soothing irritated skin to combating the aging process, natural essential oils have a versatile list of advantages. View the list below for the most beneficial essential oils for skin care:
- Frankincense: Great for promoting clear skin, frankincense oil is a natural toner with antibacterial and anti-irritant properties. It can reduce wrinkles, tighten skin, and help fade scars.
- Geranium: Geranium works to keep skin tight and improve elasticity, not to mention reduce wrinkles.
- Myrrh: Myrrh's anti-irritant properties make it ideal for skin care, helping to keep skin firm, improve elasticity, and decrease fine lines.
- Patchouli: Especially beneficial for mature skin, patchouli oil may help reduce the sight of wrinkles.
Additional Uses for Essential OilsAs mentioned, natural essential oils are often primarily used in the home for their soothing aromas. In addition to their beneficial properties in skin care, essential oils can work wonders for alleviating stress and headaches, inducing relaxation, and even soothing soreness. Quite frankly, the list of uses for essential oils is seemingly endless, especially when blended with others! Take a look below to see how else they can be beneficial:
- Help leave skin moisturized
- Manage split ends
- Cool the body
- Reduce tension in the jaw
- Alleviate upset stomach
- Use in relaxing massage oils