Best Smelling Essential Oils
Asking which essential oils are the best smelling is like asking someone which type of music is the best; you will get vastly different answers from each person you ask. This is going to be largely subjective as one person's olfactory senses are different than another. That being said, not all essential oils are created equal and different extraction methods can make one brand of essential oils smell better than another. Let's talk about some of the criteria in manufacturing the best smelling essential oils and which oils are most popular.
Manufacturing the Best Smelling Essential Oil
This process begins with procuring the highest quality ingredients available. At RainShadow Labs we ensure each of the essential oils we carry are produced from only the best ingredients available. These are the 3 most widely used manufacturing processes for essential oils:
- Steam Distillation: This is the most widely used essential oil extraction method. During this process, plant material is placed in a still. Hot steam is forced through the material causing pockets of the plant essence to open and evaporate into the steam. This is a fine balance, if the plant material gets too hot the plant material can be damaged and lose its inherent properties. The evaporation (with the essential oil) then passes through the cooling chamber, condenses and separates into essential oil and water. The water will float to the top and be separated. *Fun fact* This water can then be packaged and sold as floral water.
- Expression: This method of extraction is used primarily for citrus fruits that break down under the heat necessary for steam distillation. Also called "cold-pressed", these essential oils are obtained by mechanically squeezing the peel of the citrus fruit and require no heat.
Similar to essential oils, absolutes are highly aromatic, concentrated extracts derived from plants. They differ from essential oils in that they require a solvent as the extraction method.
Essential oils can be difficult to extract effectively. Even the smallest hiccup or change of quality control measures can change the oils ultimate potency, smell and efficacy. RainShadow Labs understands the need for quality ingredients and tight quality control and we ensure that each essential oil we sell is among the best smelling oils on the market.
RainShadow Labs' Best Smelling Blends
Finding the right and best essential oil for your preferences and needs isn't always the easiest process. There are thousands of brands with hundreds of single oils and blends available. Whether you're looking for the perfect oil to compliment your skin care line, massage therapy practice or simply to help calm and relax your family, we can help. Let's talk about some of the benefits and properties of our most popular and best smelling oils.
- Bergamot Mint Essential Oil: This oil boasts a light, minty, almost floral scent that would be great diffused throughout the home.
- Citrus Blossom Essential Oil Blend: This aromatic blend of bergamot, pink grapefruit, lemon, mandarin and sweet orange sings with the floral accent of clary sage and orange blossoms. This lightly stimulating blend can be used like lemon, improve concentration, and will quickly become a staple in your essential oil arsenal.
- Sandalwood Essential Oil (absolute): Ideal for meditation, Sandalwood essential oil is one of the best oils for both skin and aromatherapy. Sandalwood is an excellent oil for any skin care regimen as it is very nourishing and can also be used to support shiny hair.
- Blue Tansy Essential Oil: With its deep blue color and warm herbaceous sweetness, our Blue Tansy essential oil is amazing for adding to blends as well as restorative skincare formulas. Blue Tansy blends well with other oils such as: Lemongrass, Rosemary, Helichrysum, Cypress, Pine and Chamomile oils.
- Yuzu Essential Oil: This oil is the perfect blend of light citrus tones with floral undercurrents and is actually a very popular fruit in Japanese spas. Once you've tried Yuzu essential oil, you won't want to be without it.
- Vetiver Essential Oil: This lightly musk scented oil has been a staple in the perfume industry for years and can be used in soothing and cooling skincare formulas.
At RainShadow Labs, we are committed to your satisfaction and in providing a stellar customer service experience. Whether you are looking for the best smelling essential oils to begin your own private label line, or seek bulk essential oils for your DIY skin care line of products, we have something for everyone!
We are also dedicated to the health of our planet and community. As such, our factory is 100% wind powered and we utilize recycled materials in the packaging, labeling and shipping of all of our products. We proudly manufacture each product with organic and natural ingredients, many of which are locally sourced. Our world class customer service team is waiting to help you with any and all of your questions. Simply call 503-366-3413 to get started.