The more you understand how your skin works, the better you can understand how to provide the best care and nutrients for it. Here are some interesting facts about the skin and how to care for it:
- The skin is the largest organ in the body. It protects us from diseases and the elements. It also provides insulation and regulates our temperature. Protecting your skin from the sun helps it maintain this function.
- The skin is a sensory organ and sends information to the brain about heat, cold, pressure, vibration and potential threats.
- The skin maintains the bodys water balance, keeping the right amounts of water in and out. Staying hydrated helps the skin perform this function more easily.
- The skin breathes on its own, its outer layers soaking in oxygen from the air around us. Keeping the skin and its pores clean allows it to absorb more oxygen and stay fresh.
- The skin on our palms and the soles of our feet is the thickest on our body. The skin underneath our eyes and on our eyelids is the thinnest and needs to be more carefully attended to in terms of aging.
Properly caring for our skin is essential to our overall health. When you see how much your skin affects the rest of your body, it makes you think twice about the skin care products you choose. Using products that add to the health of your body and skin instead of detracting from it will have a positive effect on your well being for the rest of your life. Using products made from natural ingredients is the best way to ensure you're providing the best nutrients for your body.