Essential oils are touted for their refreshing properties that have made them popular in aromatherapy and massage therapy. However, there are a number of other uses for essential oils, including the ability to repel insects and arachnids! While we are in awe of the powerful part these crawling creatures play on our Earth, we also understand that they are not always welcome in the home. There are a number of essential oils that these tiny creatures find distasteful, but some are more effective than others in this task.
At RainShadow Labs, we manufacture private label and wholesale essential oils. We ensure all of our products are of the highest possible quality with our in-house quality control testing. Additionally, all of our products are made with sustainable raw materials. Before you order some essential oils from our online store, let us share the best essential oils for spiders and how to repel them.
Best Essential Oils for Spiders
When it comes to repelling spiders, not all essential oils are created equal. Some of the best essential oils for spiders are:
- Rose: This delicately scented rose essential oil is ideal for repelling spiders. Better yet, you can use it alongside other essential oils for a fresh scented natural spider repellent.
- Lemon: Another essential oil for spiders is lemon oil. In fact, lemon, and other citrus fruits, have been used to repel pests for centuries.
- Peppermint: Peppermint essential oil is also an apt spider repellent. The scent is so strong that spiders will do most anything in their power to avoid it.
- Tea Tree: Tea tree essential oil is one of the most versatile oils out there and you can add spider repellent to its list of abilities.
- Lavender: Spiders cannot stand the sweet scent of lavender essential oil, but you will love both its smell and ability to ward off spiders. Bonus: spritz some lavender water on your sheets and let the naturally relaxing aroma soothe you to sleep.
How to Make a Natural Spider Repellent
These essential oils on their own may not be as effective at repelling spiders, but you can use them to make your own natural spider repellent.
First, you will need about one quart of water and an empty spray bottle. Next, add a few drops of the essential oil of your choice to the water to dilute it. shake the mixture well to blend the water and essential oils. Once it is adequately mixed, you can spray it around your house to ward off spiders and other pests. Better yet, this solution will also make your home smell wonderful and fresh for days.
You can also spray this solution on and around your bed to repel spiders and other pests from your presence while you sleep. The warmth of a bed often attracts spiders, and this essential oils for spiders solution will help repel arachnids while you rest.
Private Label and Wholesale Essential Oils
While essential oils can be used to repel spiders, there are a multitude of ways you can use them. If you are looking for high-quality essential oils, RainShadow Labs is your one-stop destination for such. We offer private label essential oils as well as wholesale so you can be sure you are getting exactly what you are looking for.
If you have any questions, you can contact us online or give us a call at 503.366.3413.