Caring for skin involves maintaining a delicate balance, but it doesn't have to be rocket science. Following a few simple tips to care for your body on the inside and out will leave you with a smooth, healthy glow.
- Stay out of the sun - When you do decide to go out to play, make sure you wear sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 to protect your skin. This will help keep you free from wrinkles and age spots that can make you look older than you'd like to look. It will also reduce your risk of cancer.
- Quit smoking - Smoking has a harmful effect on your whole body, including your skin. Smoking decreases the size of blood vessels that supply the skin, which can deprive it of needed nutrients. Smoking also damages the collagen and elastin which keep the skin smooth and firm
- Be gentle with your skin - Your day-to-day skin care regime can take a toll on your skin if you're not careful. Prolonged exposure to hot water will drain the natural oils from your skin. Harsh cleaning chemicals and strong soaps can do the same, so use a mild soap. Moisturize every day to replace vital essential oils.
- Eat right - Whether or not you're eating a healthy diet can have a huge effect on your skin. Eating meals packed with fruits, veggies, whole grains, and lean proteins will give your skin the nutrients it needs to maintain a healthy appearance.
- Calm Down - High stress levels can cause skin to be more susceptible to breakouts and other problems. Getting plenty of rest and practicing stress management techniques will help you avoid having your day-to-day life take its toll on your skin.