We hope you had a great Thanksgiving yesterday! The holidays are a great time to spend time with family and friends, remember the good things in life, and eat great food. However, the plethora of good food can be a challenge for people who are trying to lose weight.
A study done by the television station ABC revealed that over 45% of adult Americans said they would like to lose some weight. Everyone is always looking for an easier or effective way to accomplish this but, at the end of the day, it comes down to diet and exercise. Controlling your appetite can seem like an uphill battle, but essential oils can help.
Essential oils have many weight loss benefits, including reducing stress and aiding in getting adequate sleep. But perhaps the most helpful use of essential oils in terms of weight loss is as an appetite suppressant. Many essential oils make it easier to avoid cravings and eat healthy. The following essential oils can aid in your weight loss process. (List from rawfoodswitch.com)
- Peppermint is a digestive aid that soothes an upset stomach and helps with digestive problems.
- Grapefruit acts as a natural weight loss appetite suppressant. It dissolves fat through a process called lipolysis.
- Bergamot stimulates the endocrine system. It produces a sense of calm and well-being and alleviates stress. Lavender can be combined with bergamot to enhance this calming effect.
- Tangerine is a diuretic and is also used to calm the nervous system.
- Orange helps overcome depression and gives emotional support.
- Ylang ylang is used to clarify thoughts and encourage a feeling of wellness and calm.
- Patchouli is used as a sedative and relaxation aid.
Peppermint is a great place to begin when trying out these essential oils since it has the greatest effect for weight loss. These essential oils can be used for weight loss by inhaling their scent before meals or by drinking a glass of water or tea containing a few drops of the oil before eating.