Cilantro Essential Oil: Much More than Flavor
Most often used in the kitchen for cooking, cilantro can do much more than simply add flavor to a meal. Cilantro essential oil, quite similar to coriander, has proven to have a number of benefits for the body. With the use of essential oils on the rise, cilantro essential oil is the perfect addition for your own personal use, or selling from a private label manufacturer, like RainShadow Labs! Here at RainShadow Labs, you can find a large variety of wholesale and private label products, including essential oils. Whichever you choose, you can rest assured you'll be receiving quality products that both you and your potential customers will love. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the many benefits of cilantro essential oil and decide if it suits your needs. Let's jump right in.
Cilantro Essential OilCilantro, a plant originating in the Mediterranean, is found in the carrot family, alongside celery, parsley, cumin, parsnip, and carrot. Every part of cilantro is edible, and its leaves and seeds are used greatly in cooking. Cilantro alone presents numerous benefits, as it's low in calories, rich in antioxidants, and contains no cholesterol. As an essential oil, the benefits go on. As with most essential oils, cilantro essential oil is obtained by steam distilling the plant's leaves. The aroma from such is fresh with a slight citrus scent. In addition to the aforementioned cooking uses, cilantro essential oil is also recognized for the benefits it presents to the body. It has long been used in China for its medicinal properties. Let's take a closer look at these uses and benefits.
Best Uses of Cilantro Essential OilAs mentioned, cilantro essential oil presents a great deal of benefits to the body. Though cilantro is far from the top of the popularity list, as far as essential oils go, its use is rising in popularity due to its many uses, namely detoxification and digestion. Check out the list below for the best uses of cilantro essential oil:
- Improving Cardiovascular Health: Rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber, cilantro can help lowering bad cholesterol and can also aid in eliminating cholesterol buildup in the arteries.
- Treating Anxiety: Containing B vitamins, the oil is known to have relaxing properties, calming the nerves and reducing anxiety. Drinking a mix of cilantro and cucumber juices is a great way to combat stress.
- Detoxing the Body: With the ability to remove toxins and heavy metals from cells and organ, cilantro essential oil is a great detoxifier.
- Aiding Digestion: Encouraging the production of digestive enzymes, cilantro also contains fiber, which is key to improved digestion. Cilantro may even ease upset stomachs.
- Reducing Oxidative Stress: As mentioned, cilantro is a powerful antioxidant, which gives it the potential to protect your body's cells from free radicalsÃ¢€â€a key contributor to the aging process.