RainShadow Labs (RSL)
has a full scale Research and Development Department, Manufacturing and Production Center, and Quality Control Department. Our well seasoned, time tested experience in the skin, body, and hair care industries ensure superb end-results for your finished product line. We offer custom formulated products for retailers, distributors, marketers, and entrepreneurs. RSL's veteran product development and production teams have developed countless successful product lines for mass market over the years. Our exceptional customer service department makes your experience with RSL a truly pleasant and enjoyable creative endeavor. This is one of the many ways that RSL has distinguished itself as a private label manufacturer.
We specialize in using high quality ingredients formulated and manufactured utilizing innovative natural science with competitive pricing for a truly competitive product line. If you're interested in partnering with us for your business endeavor. Contact us now and we will happily offer an individualized consultation.
Private Label Skin Care Products, Private Label Lotion, and More
RSL custom-creates a wide variety of skincare, bath, and body products from high-quality, carefully sourced ingredients. Because we operate our own manufacturing lab, we can formulate an extremely wide variety of products for your personal and private label use. Some of our more popular products are private label lotions, cremes, serums, butters, scrubs, fragrances, balms, and facial skincare products like serums, masks, beard oil, eye creams, and lip care. We also offer shampoos, conditioners, hand and foot care, custom bar soaps, back bar supply products, gels, roll-ons, essential oil blends, perfumes, spa treatments, and much more.
What to Look for in a Private Label/Custom Manufacturer
Looking for a private label or custom manufacturer can be time consuming and confusing. You want a company who represents your fundamental values and those you intend to project to your customers. A company whose business practices align with your own. Different companies have the things they specialize in and are known for. But chances are, you want a company who has the ability to formulateand package your product according to your specifications and desires.
Here are several logistics to consider when you are searching for a custom manufacturer:
- The ingredients needed to produce your product
- The lowest prices (factory direct)
- Quality of ingredients and final product quality
- Reliable, on-time delivery
- Low product defect rate
- Products packaged properly so as to avoid damage
- Cruelty free facility
- Eco-friendly production
- Allergy concerns
- Organic ingredient availability
Our formulation team will work closely with your company to ensure your final product is what you envisioned.
Benefits of Private Label Products
Private label manufacturing is one of the fastest growing sectors of skincare production. Companies are finding that producing products through a private label manufacturer is a more efficient and effective way of building their business. Here are 4 benefits to your business you may not have considered:
- High Profit Margins: Private label products generally have a higher profit margin than resale products. Bulk production costs are usually significantly lower while quality is generally higher.
- Exclusive Rights: Private label branding will give your company a competitive advantage over your competitors. As you are the only supplier, you returning clientele will be higher than with resale products.
- Loyalty: Building a long term, loyal customer base is key to a successful business. Private label products from RainShadow Labs will provide high quality skincare products that your clients will only be able to purchase from you.
- Wholesale Income: In addition to your exclusive private line, you could offer wholesale products as well.
At RainShadow Labs we have perfected the custom formulation process. We don't cut corners on our private label formulation products, in fact, we work to provide the highest quality products on the market. Our success as a manufacturing business is directly dependent on your success. Our customer service team will help make the process as straightforward as possible. Discover what thousands of companies have already discovered: our natural and organic, vegan, cruelty free and high quality products will give your company a competitive market advantage. Your customers will be returning to you time and time again to purchase your private label products.
Great products come from quality ingredients.
We offer formulas that meet the Whole Foods Premium Standards for Personal Care Products. Our formulations include raw materials that are kosher, vegan, and/or biodegradable. We use organic ingredients whenever possible. Click here for a list of unacceptable ingredients from Whole Foods.
No animal testing
We are a cruelty free operation. No animal testing is ever done or supported by RainShadow Labs.
Pre-formulated product line
RSL provides stock bases for those who would like to bypass the Custom Formulation Process and get right into the repackaging and labeling of their own brand. You will find hundreds of options for your pre-formulated product line. Access our Buy Direct option here.
Natural and Organic Actives
RSL carries and uses a wide selection of natural and organic actives for our customer's formulation profiles. We are lucky to source some of these ingredients from right here in the PNW, and many more from greater North America. We always strive to source cruelty free, naturally derived and effective ingredients for our formulas. Click here for a sampling of some of these choice active ingredients.
RainShadow Labs includes a complete in-house filling and packaging operation. RSL practices zero waste and recycling protocols to maintain an eco-friendly operation for the greenest bottom line possible. You can read more about our complete in-house capabilities here.
Vegan, Organic, Cruelty Free...What Does it All Mean?
I'm sure we've all heard these words, often interchangeably. However, if you're a frequent label reader, you understand they can mean many different things to each manufacturing company. You may wonder why they have any importance at all in the skin care world, but they do! Here are the differences in each of these terms.
- Vegan: When they say a product is vegan or vegan skin care, it means that it doesn't contain any products that are derived from animals, or the ingredients are derived from animals. Vegan products, however, can be tested on animals. This doesn't affect their vegan status in skin care terms.
- Cruelty Free: This term relates to the process of production rather than the actual ingredients. Cruelty free products haven't been tested on animals, however, they can contain animal derived products. This means a cruelty free product can contain ingredients such as: honey, beeswax, collagen, cholesterol, gelatin, carmine and lanolin. These ingredients are non-vegan but can still be considered cruelty free.
- Organic: When the term organic is used in relation to skin care, it could be easy to assume the same standards that apply to organic food also apply to skin care. Many products claim to be organic, however, they can still contain harmful toxins, pesticides and synthetic ingredients. At RainShadow Labs, when we utilize the term organic, we certify that ingredient or product is free from all harmful chemicals, toxins, GMOs and the health risks which are commonly associated with all these.
So, what is the best option in terms of skin care? What should you look for in a great skin care formula? At RainShadow Labs, we ensure each product we produce is cruelty-free and organic. Let's talk a little more about RainShadow Labs' products are the best of the best.
Why RainShadow Products are Superior
RainShadow Labs formulates organic and vegan skin care products for hundreds of companies, both within the United States and abroad. We offer cruelty free skin care products that range from lotions and beard oils to facial masks and hair care. Our high end organic vegan formulas are highly sought after and contain all natural & organic ingredients. Here are a few of the reasons you should choose RainShadow Labs as your organic skin care manufacturer.
- Quality Ingredients: Each of our elite organic formulas meet or exceed the Whole Foods Premium Standards for Personal Care Products. We only use raw materials that are kosher, vegan and/or biodegradable.
- Custom Formulation Process: We offer custom formulation where you manage the process. We work with you in every step of the process to create your proprietary blended product.
- Pre-formulated Product Line: For those of you who would like to bypass the custom formulated process, we offer a full line of pre-formulated products, see those here.
- Not Tested On Animals: RainShadow Labs is a strict cruelty free operation. No product or ingredient testing is ever done on animals.
- 160 Organic Actives: We proudly offer over 160 organic active ingredients for our private label and custom formulation product lines. Most of our organic ingredients are grown and harvested right here in Oregon.
- Eco-friendly: Our in-housing filling and packaging department practices zero waste and has a proper recycling protocol, leaving as small a carbon footprint as possible. We are committed to our clients, community and environment.
Custom Formulation Process
As you enter into the Custom Formulation Process with RSL you will be asked to fill out our electronic formulation questionnaire describing your desired project for our lab to reference as they create for you. You will be guided by our Customer Service Team as well as our Formulating Team and together, we will develop a personalized outline for your project.
Minimum Order Quantities
For any custom orders, Rainshadow requires a minimum order quantity to proceed with your production.
Minimum of 25 gallons.
Minimum of 25 gallons. For example if your filled product is 1oz, this would be equivalent to 3,200 units,
Please access the following information and relevant forms by clicking these links:
- Lab fees
- Non Disclosure Forms
- Company Insurance
- Labeling and Packaging Vendors
- Percentage of Natural/Organic--RSL Statement of Position
- Regulatory Document Requests
- Reorder Product in Bulk
- Order Product to be Filled in my own Packaging
In order to take the next step to enlist RainShadow Labs in the Custom Formulation Process, click on the following link for all relevant Custom Formulating information.
In choosing to work with RainShadow Labs as your Custom Formulation House you move into partnership with a company that continues to raise the bar regarding outstanding customer service infused with genuine dedication and accountability to our customers, our community, and our planet. Our facility is 100% Wind powered and was built using eco-conscious materials and methods, and we specialize in zero waste sustainable practices for our filling, shipping and manufacturing processes.
Contact us via email at [email protected] or telephone 503-366-3413 ext 23 to take the next step in the development of your unique brand and product line.