Private Label Skin Care
RainShadow Labs is a full-service natural and organics private label personal care products manufacturer and offers timely and affordable product development and product design; technical support including packaging and label procurement; warehousing for excess products packaging, contract filling, multi-product packaging, shipping and logistics support.
- Benefits of Using a Private Label Skin Care Manufacturer
- Working With a Private Label Skin Care Manufacturer
- The Private Label Manufacturing Process
- Filling and Packaging
- Brand and Packaging Considerations
Benefits of Using a Private Label Skin Care Manufacturer
When it comes to producing a new product, a private label skin care manufacturer can help you formulate and manufacture new products. Many of our brand clients utilize us for new product development so they can focus on marketing and distributing their product.
Allowing the brand to specialize in marketing and the manufacturer to specialize in the creation of the product makes a more efficient process. These benefits in efficiency are passed on to the customer in the form of higher quality products at reasonable prices. The customer learns they can rely on the brand, which increases customer loyalty and sales.
Working With a Private Label Skin Care Manufacturer
Choosing a Manufacturer
Finding the very best private label skin care manufacturer is perhaps the single most important decision you will make as you launch your personal care product brand. To assist you in this decision here are some things to consider:
- Remember that you are setting up a strategic partnership so be sure to find a legitimate manufacturer! If you’re looking overseas, be aware that the potential for fraud is much higher; always check listings (and reviews if possible) to verify the company is real.
- Ask for recommendations from other companies or industry trade groups. Investigate the history, processes, and quality controls at each manufacturer.
- Ask each manufacturer how long they have been in business. You are putting your money, your brand reputation, and your formulations into the manufacturers hands. It is important to find someone who has the experience and knowledge to produce quality products.
- Pay attention to the service you receive BEFORE you have a signed contract. If they are responsive during your exploration process they are likely be responsive when they are your chosen manufacturer.
- Ask about additional charges. Hidden costs may include manufacturing minimums, storage fees, and transportation costs.
- Find out which manufacturers are on the cutting edge of the industry, working with the hottest
helping them to launch lines with unique and effective raw materials. This is the manufacturer
The Private Label Manufacturing Process
Once you’re ready to go into production, there are three basic steps: envision your ideal
product, formulate it or (buy direct), and find the right label/packaging. Unlike other Private
Label Skin CareManufacturers, RainShadow Labs does not provide a pre-designed product in a bottle
with a label and company brandname on it. In this way, we allow your products to have a more
personal touch, and you have more control over the look and feel of your brand.
Stock or Buy Directproducts are pre-formulated options that can be packaged and labelled with your brand. We have a full complement of bath, beauty, and health products, with complete disclosure of ingredients beneath product’s description. Samples are available for everything, so you can see firsthand the quality of our products and decide what’s right for your brand.
The Custom Manufacturing Private Label option is for customers who want the ultimate creative input in their products. Before looking into the Custom Manufacturing Process, we do recommend exploring the stock products available in the RSL Buy Direct Section, as it is likely you will find products and formulas that already meet your needs. If not, we will begin the process of modifying these formulas, or starting from scratch, to turn your vision into reality.
Once you have explored our stock samples and know which bases you like, or if you already know you want to create your own custom formula, we can work with you through our Lab Sample process on creating your own product. Read more about our process and start on the initial forms here. You will use the Form A if you have a prototype or sample product for us to work from for any reason (texture, ingredients, color, smell etc.) or Form B if you just have a basic idea but no sample.
Developing high quality skin care products requires an in-depth understanding of the many potential raw ingredients used to make these products. With more than 30 years of experience, our lab is well-versed in how these ingredients interact with each other, as well as skin and hair. Once each specific product has been developed, the manufacturer will source and store the ingredients necessary to create products in a safe and timely manner.
Filling and Packaging
This is the final step to getting your product to market. At RainShadow Labs, we believe in following the customer’s lead when branding and packaging personal care products. If you look at your bathroom counter, you will see what kind of packaging and products you and your family purchase. If you create a product you love and that you would purchase, you will sell it better than if someone else created for you. For this reason, we have a page specifically to help you find reliable packaging vendors that can help you source your bottles/jars/lids/pumps, etc., labels and unit cartons. These preferred vendors work directly with RainShadow customers who are prepared to answer all of your questions and guide you through the process.
If you already have your own vendors, by all means you can use them for packaging and labels. We mention preferred vendors in case you’re new to the industry or are looking for something different. Our list includes only companies we’ve had good experiences with and feel confident will meet your needs.
After you’ve chosen a vendor and finished the design and selection process, the vendor will send samples to us. Why? To finish the process, we need a full sample set along with a completed drop-fill sample packaging submission form filled out and emailed/faxed back. Once we have all of the details, we can do the final step: pricing.
Brand and Packaging Considerations
We know it may seem overwhelming in the beginning, but with step-by-step guidance from RainShadow Labs, we’ll help you bring your product line and brand to life. We look forward to working with you on this venture! Good packaging is essential to the success of your Private Label skin care brand. For new customers, the packaging will often be the only thing they know about your brand, so it must accurately convey the personality and message that will resonate with your target audience.
As you choose your packaging, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- All packaging should reflect your brands personality. From fonts and colors to materials and size, everything about the package should reinforce the brand image and personality.
- The design should catch customers’ attention. Unique packaging can really help your brand jump off the shelves and induce customer trial.
- Carefully consider your packaging materials. More and more customers are basing their decisions on the thoughtfulness and care of the brand. Your choice to use packaging that is not only user friendly but also environmentally friendly may make a difference to your customer.
- The shape and/or size of your product will have an impact on the manufacturing, packaging, and transportation processes. Unusually-shaped packaging may increase production cost. However, you may decide that it is worth the additional charge to fit your brand personality or stand out on the shelves.
- Before you finalize your packaging choice, consult your skin care manufacturing partner to understand how the packaging will impact the product process and price. Most private label skin care manufacturers will need to see the bottle or jar or tube, including the cap and label, before they can give you a price quote on your product.
- Don't forget to plan for transportation packaging. This refers to the boxes that the finished product is packaged and shipped to the next point in the sales process. Unusual packaging may require a special transportation box. Transportation boxes should protect your products for the duration of shipping. By properly protecting your finished goods, you may save thousands of dollars.