Shea butter is derived from the nut of the West African shea tree and has been used for centuries to support healthy skin and hair. According to Wikipedia, “Shea butter is sometimes used as a base for medicinal ointments. Some of the isolated chemical constituents are reported to have anti-inflammatory, emollient, and humectant properties.” Shea butter is a natural alternative in cosmetic and general skincare products that can support healthier, more supple skin. The following are the top ten uses for Shea Butter:
- Soothe dry, frizzy hair: Shea butter is a staple in natural hair care products and among DIY beauty experts. Shea butter also has the ability to restore moisture to your dry, itchy scalp & hair. Add a drop of our premium lavender or tea tree essential oils to your shea butter mask for additional benefits for your hair and scalp.
- Prevent dry, cracked lips: Add a layer of shea butter to lips to either prevent drying and cracking or to heal sensitive lip skin after damage has been done. Add a drop of our peppermint essential oil for a cool, refreshing lip balm.
- Support nail health: Do you suffer from dry nails that are brittle and crack or break easily? Shea butter offers the nutrients necessary to support healthy nails and cuticles. Add a drop of our Relaxation and Peace essential oils for a peaceful, soothing aromatherapy experience.
- Skin benefits: Due to the high volume of Vitamins A, D and E, antioxidants and essential fatty acids, shea butter adds vital moisture to your skin. Not only this, it locks the moisture into your skin to help support nourished, youthful skin. Add lavender essential oil for added skin benefits.
- Healthy facial skin: Shea butter helps maintain and bring balance to delicate facial skin. It also helps to soothe irritated skin, improve acne prone skin and support healthy cellular function.
- Beard Health: Beards tend to get dried out and unruly. Shea butter can infuse nourishing moisture to beard hair making it more manageable.
- Lessen the appearance of dark circles: Do you suffer from dark under eye circles? This can be caused by a moisture deficiency in the skin around your eyes. Shea butter can help restore moisture, improving under eye brightness.
- Improve skin conditions: Shea butter is great for soothing and lessening the appearance of skin rashes and irritation. Shea butter is also rich in vitamin A, which is a potent anti-inflammatory known for its positive, deep skin benefits.
- Lessen the appearance of wrinkles: Shea butter adds a protective layer to skin, protecting it from harsh environmental factors which cause premature aging. Locking moisture into facial skin also causes a plumping effect, smoothing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Stretch mark reduction: Stretch marks can occur for any number of reasons and can be unsightly. Shea butter can help skin retain its elasticity, reducing the appearance of stretch marks.
Our premium Shea Butter comes in multiple sizes, perfect for all your DIY and business needs. Our raw, wildcrafted African Shea Butter brings amazing benefits to any professional skin care product or DIY product you can think of. Available in bulk sizes for your convenience. RainShadow Labs has been in business since 1983. We are a full-service natural and organic private label and wholesale manufacturer. Our skincare team offers affordable product development and design, label procurement and world-class technical support. We will even warehouse, custom package and ship your product directly to your customers. Call today call 503-366-3413 to speak to our friendly customer service agents.