Peppermint Essential Oil is core medicine cabinet oil. It’s one that everyone really should keep in the house. Why? It’s good for everything from first aid to counter top cleaning.
Peppermint Essential Oil is anti-microbial, anti-septic, anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antibacterial. It’s great for the digestive system, the respiratory system, pain relief and circulation. Peppermint Oil’s healing and hygienic uses are well known. There is even archeological evidence that peppermint was used by the ancients for such purposes!
There are 100+ ways to use Peppermint Essential Oil. You can use it nearly any time you want to refresh, cleanse or reinvigorate. But just to get you started, here are RainShadow Labs’ top 12 uses for peppermint oil.
1. Headaches and Migraines. When you have a headache, soothe yourself by massaging a few drops of Peppermint Oil on the temples, the base of the skull and around the hairline. This will increase blood flow to the brain and act as an analgesic pain reducer.
2. Heartburn. Cool your heartburn by massaging your upper abdomen with 5 drops Peppermint Oil and a teaspoon of carrier oil. This will relax and neutralize the acid.
3. Reduce Fevers. This is great for kids! Rub the body with a few drops of Peppermint Oil mixed in a carrier oil. This can reduce body temperature by 3 degrees! You can also add Peppermint Oil to a cold compress for the same effect.
4. Wake Up! If you get drowsy at work, or you’re taking a long drive and you need to stay alert, apply a combination of Peppermint and Orange Oil and apply to the back of the neck. Inhale deep and keep going! This will stimulate you.
5. Bloating. If you get gassy, dilute a few drops of Peppermint Oil in a carrier oil and rub on your inflamed belly. This will help calm your abdomen, relieve the gas and flatten your stomach.
6. Nausea. Did you eat something funny for lunch and now it wants to come up? Take some Peppermint Oil, place a drop under your nose, and then rub a drop on your belly. Soothe yourself and relax your system.
7. Itching. For poison ivy, poison oak, bug bites and hives – Peppermint Oil not only reduces itching but also accelerates healing! Apply diluted in an antibacterial oil like Coconut Oil, or in water.
8. Constipation. Combine 5-10 drops Peppermint Oil with a carrier oil and massaged over the lower abdomen. This will activate the colon’s peristaltic motion and get things moving again.
9. For Aches and Pains. If you have tendonitis or joint pain, take a mixture of 10 drops Peppermint Oil, 10 drops Lavender Oil and 10 drops of Rosemary Oil in 2 tablespoons of carrier oil and massage the sore area. This will increase blood flow, reduce inflammation and speed healing.
10. Allergies. For allergy relief, combine Lavender, Peppermint and Lemon Essential Oils in a carrier oil and rub on the bottoms of the feet, the back of the neck and across the forehead. Then take your hands, cup them over your nose and inhale. The physical application will combat histamines in the blood stream and the inhalation will bring instant relief to the respiratory system.
11. Freshen Air. Peppermint Oil can kill bacteria and other pathogens in the air from mold and pollution. Put a few drops in an Essential Oil Diffuser and allow it to permeate your home. It will make the air smell clean and also disinfect any airborne microbes.
12. Clean Your House: Peppermint Oil is an AMAZING house cleaner. Mix ½ teaspoon of Peppermint Oil with ½ Cup of white vinegar and 1 quart of water in a spray bottle and use for mopping or wiping down counters and other surfaces. This cleaning solution kills mold and bacteria and deters mice, ants and spiders too!It’s clear that Peppermint Oil is a total household essential. At RainShadow Labs, we offer high-quality, pure Peppermint Oil at Wholesale Prices, so you can have your mint and eat it too!